BOARD OF DIRECTORS DUTIESThe following information is copied directly from the FCSTAT By Laws.
Article IV - Board of DirectorsA. The Board of Directors shall be made up of active members of the Associatio and shall be the governing body of the Association.
B. One qualified and willing director shall be elected for each of the twenty (20) membership districts referred to in Article III, Section D of these Bylaws.
- One qualified and willing alternate director shall be elected for each of the twenty (20) membership districts referred to in Article III, Section D of these Bylaws.
- Qualified and willing directors and alternates for each district shall be elected in their respective district meetings during the annual meeting of the Association. If there is no qualified or willing candidate from a district, a qualified and willing substitute from a district in the same region may be elected by members in another district in the respective region.
- Directors shall have held active membership in the Association for at least one year immediately preceding the election.
D. The immediate past president shall automatically become a member of the Board of Directors for the period of office of the succeeding president with all voting rights and privileges of a board member except that of holding elective offices.
E. Directors who have served as President-Elect, President and Past President are eligible to be elected to the Board of Directors.
F. Once a director has served as President-Elect, President and Past President, they are no longer eligible to serve on the Executive Board.
G. Directors who have served or are currently serving on the board, and have completed a minimum of two (2) full years, are eligible to be nominated to be appointed to serve a two (2) year term as the Family Consumer Sciences Teachers Association of Texas Representative on the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America Board of Directors. This appointed position will automatically become a member of the Family and Consumer Sciences Teachers Association of Texas Board of Directors and will attend and report at all Family Consumer Sciences Association of Texas Board of Directors meetings.
H. The Board of Directors may appoint a retired family and consumer sciences teacher, who is a current member of FCSTAT, to serve a two (2) year term as a liaison member on the Board of Directors without voting privileges.
Article V - Officers and ElectionsA. The officers of the Association shall consist of a president, a president-elect, a vice-president, a secretary-treasurer and a past-president.
- A nominating committee of five (5) members of the Board, one (1) from each of the respective regions, shall be appointed by the president at least sixty (60) days prior to the annual meeting. (a) The nominating committee shall report at the meeting of the Board of Directors immediately prior to the annual business meeting of the Association, at which meeting the officers shall be elected.
- To be eligible to be elected to the office of president elect, vice president or secretary-treasurer, a director must have served on the Board of Directors for at least one year (year defined as annual meeting to annual meeting).
Article VI - Duties of OfficersA. The president shall be the executive officer of the Association and give general supervision and leadership to organizational policies and programs. The president shall be chairman of the executive committee, the Board, and shall preside at the business meeting of the Association. The president shall appoint members to serve on committees and be an ex officio member of all committees, except the nominating committee. The president shall represent the Association before the public either personally or through delegates, and shall perform all other functions usually attributed to this office. In the case of a vacancy in the president’s office, the president elect shall fill the unexpired term.
B. The president elect shall perform all duties of the president in the absence of the president, and shall assist with other duties as designated by the president.
C. The vice president shall perform all duties of the president in the absence of the president and president-elect and assist with other duties as designated by the president.
D. The secretary-treasurer shall be responsible for the Minutes of all business meetings of the Association and its governing bodies. The secretary-treasurer shall present a proposed annual budget to the Board and a financial statement to the members at the annual meeting.
E. The immediate past president shall assist the president at the latter’s request.